Questimate! – Quite Possibly the Coolest Math iPad App! [Giveaway]
You see Jacob Klein and his team at Motion Math have produced some of the coolest IOS apps from the cute Motion Math:Hungry Guppy for little kids to the zoomingly fab Motion Math:Zoom for kids young and old.
Questimate! and Questimate Pro are the latest apps from Motion Math to use their zoom technology to show just how cool math really can be!
Questimate! is an estimation game where kids make their own questions:
- How many giraffes would be as tall as the Statue of Liberty?
- How fast is the world’s fastest train?
- How many jelly beans would it take to fill up a soccer ball?
- In what year was the cell phone invented?
and lots more questions based around the categories of Amazing Animals, Need for Speed, History of Awesome, and GeoOdyssey.
Estimation skills are a really important part of kids math development and are a requirement in the Common Core Standard. Questimate makes estimation fun!
This cool math app is aimed at kids aged 9 and upwards, but you’ll see from the video below of my 6 and 12 year old boys playing Questimate (with some help from their 14 year old sister and their 4 year old brother) that the app has broad appeal.
You can also see from the banter in the video that my kids loved Questimate!
Motion Math have given me 2 promo codes for Questimate! – Pro for the iPad worth $7.99 each to give away to Maths Insider readers.
For a chance to win:
- Like the Maths Insider FaceBook page
- Download the FREE Questimate! by Motion Math app
- Take a photo or screenshot of one of the cool questions that your child makes on Questimate
- Upload the pic onto FB and Tag @Maths Insider with a message (e.g Playing Questimate iPad app, recommended by @Maths Insider)
I’ll pick 2 random winners from all entries submitted by midnight GMT Sunday 8th September 2013.